Paul’s NFL Power Rankings (Following Week Seven)
- Cardinals (7-0) Not just the best record. The best team, at least so far.
- Rams (6-1) Can you find a weakness?
- Buccaneers (6-1) He threw four more TDs. That’s 602. He is still the very best.
- Cowboys (5-1) “Dey got da look. They musta took…a whole hour just to make up their face…”
- Packers (6-1) “I still effing own you, NFC Norff!”
- Titans (5-2) You want to play them right now?
- Bills (4-2) Still wouldn’t surprise me if they won the SB.
- Bengals (5-2) Burrow, yes! But are you watching that defense?
- Raiders (5-2) Jon who?
- Ravens (5-2) Despite yesterday.
Knocking on the door:
Colts. Indy got off to a slow start, mostly because of injuries. But the Horseshoes got it rollin’ now. And Wentz is now looking like he did before his injury in Philly. That race between Indy and the Titans in the AFC Souff is gonna be big fun from here on out. And they play each other this coming Sunday!
Chargers. Could still start glowing white-hot in a heartbeat. But can’t stop the run.
Conspicuous by their absence (in order of magnitude of disappointment).
- Chiefs. They’re not “in a slump.” They’re bad.
- 49ers. Zero margin for error. And facing some genuine problems.
- Dolphins. How can a 1-6 team be “disappointing”? Because they were legit in 2020.
- Seahawks. They better win tonight.
- Browns. Injuries, sure, but…
- Vikings. That’s a big game vs. the Cowboys next Sunday.
And speaking of next week…(now this week!)
Cards and Packers on Thursday? Yabba dabba dooo!
Steelers at Browns. There will be blood. There always is.
Titans at Colts. See above.
Cowboys at Vikings. Both coming off a bye. ‘Boys hoping Dak is ok.
On this date…
In 1971. The Cowboys opened Texas Stadium with a 44-21 pasting of the Pats. And my belly was flat. And I could run like a scalded gazelle…and…Sorry, I digress.
We’ll talk COLLEGE pig! And we have a killer slate of games coming up Saturday!
All hail The Great Game!